Department of Civil Engineering
The discipline of Civil Engineering has been incorporated on the ambit of GEC in the year 2012. The department has established state of art laboratories which can provide opportunities for the student at all labels to get acquainted with latest development in various fields in civil of engineering.
Civil engineering is about the design and planning, construction, supervision quality control and maintenance of physical structure such as building road, bridges, dams, canals, airports, sea ports and power plants. Specializations in civil engineering include structure, transporation, geo-environment and water resources engineering. There is tremendous scope for those who is planning to establish career in this field.
Civil engineering is the application of physical and scientific principles, and its history is intricately linked to advances in understanding of physics and mathematics throughout history. Because civil engineering is a wide ranging profession, including several separate specialized sub-disciplines, its history is linked to knowledge of structures, materials science, geography, geology, soils, hydrology, environment, mechanics and other fields.
The department is well known for its consistent performance in terms of academic results.
Vision of the Department
- To contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies.
- To serve as valuable resource for industry and society and be a source of pride for all Indians.
Mission of the Department
- To generate new knowledge by enjoying in cutting edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state of the art of under graduate, post graduate and doctoral programmes.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academic and industries.
- To develop human potential to its full extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can be emerged in a range of professionals.
- Academic integrity and accountability.
- Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity.