In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars, Conference on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the College for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
Development of Quality Culture in the College:
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- In terms of UGC Regulation 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of the college (such as Academic Council, Executive Council) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The College shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC/other accreditation bodies. The Colleges shall regularly submit JNU AQARs to the affiliating University, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
- The college shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the College
|Member Name||Mobile No|
|Dr. P. R. Tripathy(Coordinator )||7381054354|
|Prof. Kaustav Das||7381054240|
|Prof. Lambodar Jena||7381054248|
|Prof. S. K. Das||7381054230|
|Prof. Binayak Mishra||7381054260|
|Prof. Manas Ranjan Pati||7381054178|
|Prof. Nilima Baisakhi||7381054396|