The College has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus to empower girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for women students. With a view to taking up women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students and staffs, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes and other welfare activities.
Identification of strong leader ship and change makers and building their capacity.
To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
The provision of opportunities and programs for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behaviour within the institution and the society.
To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
To help the self help group women to get financial support by identifying the sources.
To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job takers”.
To promote gender sensitivity in the college and conduct diverse programmes to educate, sensitize both male and female members and produce harmonious atmosphere in the campus.
The cell is planning to periodically organize various programs for the benefit of the women folk of the institution. To name a few:
A self supporting development program in coordination with NSS for the benefit of the women who are residing in the villages around our college. (Under Planning)
- YOGA training for the teaching & non-teaching lady staff of our college. (Under Planning)
- An awareness program on “Health Issues of Women” for the women staffs and girl students. (04.12.2017)
- A seminar on “Real Women in You” (09.01.2018)
- A workshop on “Violence Against Women” (20.02.2018)
- A workshop on “Gift yourself” (14.03.2018)
- A workshop on Mind and Matters related to Sexual harassment and Physical education. (05.04.2018)
- A workshop on Self Defence Training Programme for Women (Under Planning)
- A workshop on Capacity building of Women for gender sensitization. (Under Planning)
- In a plan to conduct webinars, talks and sensitization programmes by eminent women representatives from different fields, psychologists and social workers in regular intervals. (Under Planning)
- The cell will also celebrate occasions like: Women’s day (8th March,2018) & Mother’s day (13th May,2018).
|Member Name||Mobile No|
|Mrs.Bidyut Prava Jena(Convenor)||7381054110|
|Dr. Sarita Garnaik , Asst. Prof Dept. of BSc.&H||7381054263|
|Mrs. Subhasmita Sahu, Asst. Prof, Dept. of ECE||7381054392|
|Mrs. Elina Pattnaik, Asst. Prof, Dept. of CSE||7381054244|
|Mrs. Namrata Mishra, Asst. Prof, Dept. of MECH||7381054270|
|Mrs. Sarmistha Panda, Asst. Prof, Dept. of EEE||7381054153|
|Miss. Nilima Baishakhi, Asst. Prof, Dept. of CIVIL||7381054396|